Subtraction – Week #8 More in 4 Axis mill

This week I decided to try another material on the machine- Wood. But on order to test that, again I started only with foam, just to see the paths, and how the STL shaping up with the bits available. Roughing paths went through smoothly, but the smoothing paths looked like skipped some information..

IMG_6397



IMG_6406
IMG_6407 IMG_6408 IMG_6409

The final foam piece:

 

IMG_6410

I prepared the wood as close I can get to the final size piece.IMG_6496

After everything was set, I found out that the Y axis has changes from the last time I used the machine. which means- Big trouble. Luckily, Seth, the 2nd year student, had some previous experience with calibrating the machine and after 2 calibrations the machine was ready to go…

IMG_6503 IMG_6504 IMG_6505 IMG_6506 IMG_6507
IMG_6509
IMG_6510 IMG_6511 IMG_6512

The final wooden piece came out good- but still, had problems that I didn’t see in the software, you can see that it looked like it the top got the smooth path, but that the bottom part skipped it.

IMG_6513

 

Leave a comment.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *