This week I decided to try another material on the machine- Wood. But on order to test that, again I started only with foam, just to see the paths, and how the STL shaping up with the bits available. Roughing paths went through smoothly, but the smoothing paths looked like skipped some information..
The final foam piece:
After everything was set, I found out that the Y axis has changes from the last time I used the machine. which means- Big trouble. Luckily, Seth, the 2nd year student, had some previous experience with calibrating the machine and after 2 calibrations the machine was ready to go…
The final wooden piece came out good- but still, had problems that I didn’t see in the software, you can see that it looked like it the top got the smooth path, but that the bottom part skipped it.